Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Archie: The Best of Harry Lucey-COMING SOON!

 I was browsing Amazon today and came across this gem of a book! WOW! A Harry Lucey book! I couldn't believe it, and it looks like it's going to be pretty darn good.

It looks like it has the same good design sense as The Best of Dan DeCarlo. Archie is really knocking me out with their hardcovers. I really need to have a couple more birthdays and Christmases through the year so I can get more Amazon gift cards!

All I know about Harry Lucey is that he was an influential Archie artist in the 50's and 60's. I just discovered him this year and am very excited that I can read some of his stories. I've looked at every image on every page of comicartfans.com of Lucey pages and I can't get enough. I've studied every Archie artist I can see and he's my favorite, I just never knew where to find his stuff, 99% of Archie comics aren't credited, so I'm always at a loss at which books to buy to see a particular artist.

But I'm a fan, I really like his work and I'm excited this book is coming out.

Now I just need DC to release a big book of Wayne Boring Superman stories. Have you seen his stuff? I don't follow Superman at all and haven't read much, but I've come across Boring recently and he might be the best Superman artist ever.

Anyhow, The Best of Harry Lucey is now in my Amazon wish list and will be in my grubby hands this August!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Links:
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

No comments:

Post a Comment